Taco Platter Recipe
“We love Southwest-flavored foods and this fun recipe is a favorite,” writes June Barrus from Springville, Utah. “If you like it hotter, just add some chili powder and cumin.”
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup canned Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) corn chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Arrange the corn chips on two serving plates. Top with rice, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives and salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 464 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC