- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup canned Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) corn chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Arrange the corn chips on two serving plates. Top with rice, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives and salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Taco Platter
Sort By :
This is so good and easy! I used my homemade refried beans that I cook in bulk and freeze, I just warmed them up and spread them on the bottom of the plate first. Even the kids loved it!
My family loves this dish! By the time the rice is cooked, dinner is done, so it is a good busy day meal. I use Ro-tel tomatoes, and I can't find ranch style beans in my area so I substitute seasoned chili beans. The flavor is great and the spices are all in the tomatoes and beans already. In fact I am serving it to company tonight!