“We love Southwest-flavored foods and this fun recipe is a favorite,” writes June Barrus from Springville, Utah. “If you like it hotter, just add some chili powder and cumin.”
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup canned Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) corn chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Arrange the corn chips on two serving plates. Top with rice, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives and salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Taco Platter in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p46
Reviews for Taco Platter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review