Taco Plate for Two
Green chilies give a warm zip to this quick entree. My husband, Paul, and I enjoy splitting this delicious meaty dish.—Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco sauce, chilies and salt.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes or until heated
- though. Spoon over chips; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 501 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.