Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and butter; mix well. Press onto the bottom and sides of a 12-to 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, canned tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spread over crust.
- 3. Combine cheeses; sprinkle 2 cups over the meat layer. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with lettuce, fresh tomato, olives, onions and remaining cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 694 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 2,038 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.