Taco Pizza Grande Recipe
This has been family favorite for years. Everyone can help prepare the pizza—from the homemade dough to the customizable toppings. —Marla Alexander, Beloit, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and 1 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Stir in refried beans; heat through.
- 3. Punch dough down; roll into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Dot with oil. Spread beef mixture over dough. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onion, olives and cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 336 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC