Convenient prebaked crust makes this tasty taco pizza as easy as can be. It's a great recipe, especially if you have teenagers. I keep the ingredients on hand so that we can whip up this filling meal anytime. —Mary Cass, Baltimore, Maryland
12-16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce
- heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets. Combine beans
- and salsa; spread over crusts. Top with beef mixture, chips and
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 pizzas (6-8
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice calculated without optional ingredients equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium,