Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets. Combine beans and salsa; spread over crusts. Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 pizzas (6-8 slices each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Pizza(11)
Sort By :
This is the best taco pizza we have ever eaten! I used precooked taco meat from our local grocery store and omitted the taco seasoning. I used one cup mild cheddar cheese and one cup mozzarella. Yummy!
Very Similar to Casey's Taco Pizza. I used the Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos. Topped it off with Ortega Taco sauce..It was good! Quick and easy.
Everyone in my family loved this pizza! We used a Schwans pizza crust & cooked it on the pizza pizzaz. Only thing I did different was used slightly less hamburger and a little less cheese. I made the full amount of sauce and only had to use half so I froze the other half to use on our next pizza. I highly recommend this recipe. It is a new Friday night favorite in our house! :)
I omitted the refried bean and salsa because my family does not care for them. I did make sour cream available on the table for those who wanted to dip or spread some on their pizza. It was a hit.
Taco night or pizza night? Take a stand and have both! We wanted a pizza that reminded us of the pies we used to get at Shakey's in SoCal back in the 70's. This is as good or better. I made this using my homemade taco seasoning, homemade picante sauce for the salsa, omitted the tortilla chips and drizzled homemade taco sauce over everything after garnishing with lettuce and tomato. For the best crust, bring your crust, beans and meat to room temperature before assembling the pie, then bake on LOWER rack for the full time.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >