Taco Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies. Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Spread 2 tablespoons salsa over each pita. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato and remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza: 459 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Taco Pita Pizzas
"This was great! The kids could customize their pizzas and everyone was happy!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.