Friday nights are pizza night at our house. This lighter version of the taco pizza at a place in town is a favorite! —Joanne Wiltz, Santee, California
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies. Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons salsa over each pita. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato and remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pita Pizzas in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p53
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Pita Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2012
"This was great! The kids could customize their pizzas and everyone was happy!"