Friday nights are pizza night at our house. This lighter version of the taco pizza at a place in town is a favorite! —Joanne Wiltz, Santee, California
Featured In: 30 Appetizer Recipes Ready in 15 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies. Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons salsa over each pita. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato and remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pita Pizzas in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p53
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Pita Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2012
"This was great! The kids could customize their pizzas and everyone was happy!"