Taco Pinwheels Appetizers
The colorful tomatoes, lettuce and chilies make these bite-size snacks a perfect addition to a holiday buffet.
Beverly Matthews, Pasco, Washington
60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe olives
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and taco seasoning until blended.
- Stir in the refried beans. Spread 3-4 tablespoons over each
- tortilla. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, chilies and olives down the
- center of each tortilla; roll up tightly to 2-in. diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into
- 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pinwheels (calculated without salsa) equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.