- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe olives
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and taco seasoning until blended. Stir in the refried beans. Spread 3-4 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, chilies and olives down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly to 2-in. diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Pinwheels Appetizers
Sort By :
I have made these for 4 years in a row at summer cookouts. Everyone just loves these and they usually do not last long. I have made a few changes in the recipe. I add fresh pico de gallo along with the shredded lettuce. I do not use the green chilies or the olives. I also add more of the taco seasoning to the cream cheese/bean mixture.
I did not like how these turned out. They were soggy and a little bland. I'd add some cilantro next time and maybe less beans and cheese. the bean/cheese probably made them too soft and soggy.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Roll-up Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >