Crushed corn chips offer a lively crunch to this yummy main dish from Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "Cut into neat wedges, this pie is a fun, fuss-free way of serving tacos without the mess," she notes.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce and sliced avocado, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in
- the taco seasoning, water and olives. Simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle half of the corn chips into pastry shell. Top with meat
- mixture, sour cream and cheese. Cover with remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges. Top with lettuce and avocado if desired. Yield: 6