Looking for something a bit different to munch on? Try this zesty snack mix from Kathy Hunt, Dallas, Texas. "We enjoy the extra kick our taste buds get from the spice," she notes. "One batch is never enough to satisfy my crew."
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) potato sticks
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) french-fried onions
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the potato sticks, onions and peanuts. Combine butter and taco seasoning. Pour over potato stick mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in three ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 24 cups.
Originally published as Taco Pickup Sticks in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p15
Reviews for Taco Pickup Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
"Family loved it! Made a perfect snack."