Taco Pasta Shells Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded plain or Mexican process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cream cheese, taco seasoning and chives; cook until cream cheese is melted. Stuff into pasta shells.
- 2. Place in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with taco sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.