I tease my family that we have to save leftovers of this dish for my lunch the next day. This wonderful recipe uses pasta shells instead of taco shells or tortillas.—Laura Pope, Bloomville, Ohio
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded plain or Mexican process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cream cheese, taco seasoning and chives; cook until cream cheese is melted. Stuff into pasta shells.
- Place in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with taco sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pasta Shells in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p245
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Taco Pasta Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review