- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded plain or Mexican process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cream cheese, taco seasoning and chives; cook until cream cheese is melted. Stuff into pasta shells.
- Place in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with taco sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pasta Shells in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p245
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Taco Pasta Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review