- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"Fantastic salad for the hot Summer days or Mexican themed get togethers! Since have dietary restrictions, used ground Turkey, omitted the cheese, chips and used light Thousand Island dressing. Did not have spiral pasta, so used Rigatoni! This is a keeper in my recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!"
"I used Spicy Ranch instead of the Catalina dressing. I cannot stand for meat to have a sweet flavor."
"This is delicious! I made two minor changes and used red onions instead of regular and nacho Doritos in place of plain tortilla chips."
"Loved it! Didn't think the dressing was too sweet at all."
"This recipe was very good and super easy. My husband ask that I not lose this recipe. So I will definitely be making this dish again."