Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
Gert Rosenau of Pewaukee, Wisconsin blends the best of two popular salads into one satisfying main dish. "Serve taco or corn chips on the side, and you have a complete meal," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC