- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Pasta Salad
"I made this & didn't care 4 it. didn't like the tomatoes & the Dressing in it. I'll make it again by taking the tomatoes out & change the Dressing to Dorothy Lynch & adding the Nacho Doritos & adding red kidney beans."
"Recipe doesn't mention water, but you need to prepare the meat per the taco seasoning packet with water. My 6 year old daughter who is just starting to eat salads really liked it. I may try a different dressing next time."
"Overall very good & easy to make. I substituted penne pasta for the spirals as that's what I had on hand."
"Fantastic salad for the hot Summer days or Mexican themed get togethers! Since have dietary restrictions, used ground Turkey, omitted the cheese, chips and used light Thousand Island dressing. Did not have spiral pasta, so used Rigatoni! This is a keeper in my recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!"
"I used Spicy Ranch instead of the Catalina dressing. I cannot stand for meat to have a sweet flavor."
"This is delicious! I made two minor changes and used red onions instead of regular and nacho Doritos in place of plain tortilla chips."
"Loved it! Didn't think the dressing was too sweet at all."
"This recipe was very good and super easy. My husband ask that I not lose this recipe. So I will definitely be making this dish again."
"I loved it! My family didn't really like the Cantalina dressing, so next time I'm going to replace with taco sauce. This is definitely a keeper!"
"I loved it! My family liked it, too.My husband wasn't crazy about the dressing, but he doesn't like his food sweet. I'll probably just use a little taco sauce next time instead."