Our Test Kitchen know that pizza and tacos are favorite foods in lots of families. So they came up with this recipe that clearly combines the two. A variety of toppings can be used to suit your tastes.
Featured In: 13x9 Casserole Recipes
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Unroll pizza dough and place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, chili powder, salt and cumin. Spread over cooled crust. Toss avocado with lime juice; arrange over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions, olives and cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 16-20 slices.
Originally published as Taco Pan Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p199
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Pan Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"This recipe only had two stars when I was looking it up, and I'm not sure why. This pizza is sooo good! I have make it for numerous girl parties and eveyone always likes it. Definately a keeper."