Taco Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in milk mixture, then roll in flour mixture.
- 2. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 5 lean meat
Reviews for Taco Oven-Fried Chicken
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.