Taco Oven-Fried Chicken
Looking for a new low-carb sensation? Sink your teeth into these moist chicken breasts from Peggy Campbell. Not only is the main course loaded with zesty flavor, but it comes together in minutes, making it the perfect way to spice up weeknight menus. "I sometimes spritz the chicken with refrigerated butter-flavored spray for extra flair," Peggy writes from Welch, Texas.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another
- shallow bowl, combine the flour, taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then roll in flour mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 218 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,