Looking for a new low-carb sensation? Sink your teeth into these moist chicken breasts from Peggy Campbell. Not only is the main course loaded with zesty flavor, but it comes together in minutes, making it the perfect way to spice up weeknight menus. "I sometimes spritz the chicken with refrigerated butter-flavored spray for extra flair," Peggy writes from Welch, Texas.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in milk mixture, then roll in flour mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Oven-Fried Chicken in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p6
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Taco Oven-Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2014
"good but not great"
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"The chicken had good flavor. Since I only cook for two, I chopped up the leftover breasts for use in a chicken enchilada dish."