- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, green chilies, taco seasoning, onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread the turkey mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Top with the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and taco sauce. Dollop each serving with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Noodle Dish
Sort By :
"We love this recipe! I've been making it for quite a few years. I only use one pound of ground turkey, though, and use 3 cups of noodles. The whole thing gets eaten in one sitting."
"Very good! I used tomato basil pasta and my 4 yr old even ate it - and he is very picky! It's a keeper!"
"Made this tonight, it is a keeper of a recipe. Received a thumbs up from all who ate it.. It was enough for 3 adults and 2 kids. I would double it for more people.I used one bag of noodles and it was fine.I made as directed, only, I put each of the final toppings in separate bowls on the table, so each person could add the items they liked. (Some like ripe olives, tomatoes or sour cream and others don't)It was like a taco salad without the taco.I goofed and bought hot taco sauce, so only a couple put the hot sauce on it. I wil make this again...And double for company."
"I think I used too many noodles...dish was a bit dry, but still delicious. I scribbled this recipe down so quickly that I never noted when to add the taco sauce...so I ended up throwing it into the meat mixture! It actually tasted quite good, lol. Overall, this is a filling and delicious...the toppings at the end make it fabulous. Next time I will MEASURE the noodles instead of eyeballing them. Thanks for this great recipe!"
"first time tryin it and it was really good..used beef instead of turkey"