Taco Noodle Dish Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, green chilies, taco seasoning, onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Drain noodles; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread the turkey mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Top with the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and taco sauce. Dollop each serving with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 312 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 788 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.