Taco seasoning provides the family-appealing flavor in this speedy skillet supper shared by Marcy Cella of L'Anse, Michigan. The sour cream topping enhances this combination nicely.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups uncooked fine egg noodles
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning and salt. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle noodles over the top. Pour tomato juice over the noodles and stir gently. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Combine sour cream and parsley; spread over the top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Noodle Dinner in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p50
Reviews for Taco Noodle Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review