Taco Muffins Recipe
I'm always creating new recipes...this one went over very well with family and friends. These mouthwatering muffins are excellent with refried beans.—Donna Krivdo, Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoing
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in meat mixture.
- 3. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove muffins to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top each with salsa and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: about 16 muffins.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Taco Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC