"If your family likes meatballs, try these for something a little different," suggests Jackie Hannahs from Fountain, Michigan. The moist meatballs get plenty of zippy flavor from taco seasoning mix. "Plus, they're baked, so there is very little mess."
14 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salsa and taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink;
- drain. Serve with salsa and taco sauce. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now