- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa and taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Serve with salsa and taco sauce. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Taco Meatballs
"I really didn't care for these and my grand kids wouldn't eat them. They were "gummy" which I attribute to the biscuit mix. They may be better using dry bread crumbs in place of the biscuit mix. I won' t be making them again."
"This is a nice little recipe. I did make a few changes only to suit our tastes. I bumped up the spice mix and I eliminated some of the biscuit mix. I wanted them to be a little lighter in texture. I also think that they would be good if they were simmered in some kind of a sauce.I also used milk in stead of the water and made up about a 1/4 of the recipe.Janie"
"This recipe is a Good one! Did like it and I am making it a 2nd Time... NOW!! 7/19/13"