"If your family likes meatballs, try these for something a little different," suggests Jackie Hannahs from Fountain, Michigan. The moist meatballs get plenty of zippy flavor from taco seasoning mix. "Plus, they're baked, so there is very little mess."
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa and taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Serve with salsa and taco sauce. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Taco Meatballs in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p39
Reviews for Taco Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review