Taco Meat Seasoning Recipe
In Forest City, Iowa, Margaret Peterson shares this tongue-tingling combination of savory ground beef and zippy seasonings. Turn a big batch of this mixture into a taco supper when serving plenty of hungry guests. Or use a portion to feed your family, saving the extra meat for the following dishes.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Taco shells or flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese and salsa
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Serve in taco shells with shredded cheese and salsa. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Taco Meat Seasoning
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC