In Forest City, Iowa, Margaret Peterson shares this tongue-tingling combination of savory ground beef and zippy seasonings. Turn a big batch of this mixture into a taco supper when serving plenty of hungry guests. Or use a portion to feed your family, saving the extra meat for the following dishes.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Taco shells or flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese and salsa
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in taco shells with shredded cheese and salsa. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Seasoned Taco Meat in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p20
Reviews for Taco Meat Seasoning
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review