- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/2 cup picante sauce, beans, corn, onion, olives, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, cumin and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into two ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Spoon remaining picante sauce over each meat loaf; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 2 meat loaves (6 servings each).
Reviews for Taco Meat Loaves
Sort By :
"I've made this several times now. We love the flavor. However, we find it crumbles easily instead of holding together in nice slices. So, I usually will serve this with Mexican rice, tortilla chips, salsa, lettuce, etc. and we eat it as nachos. I love that I have an extra to freeze, as well."
"Even my kids liked it!"
"Tasted just like tacos. Very good."
"I love anything Mexican so this was AWESOME! I don't care for olives or corn so I didn't add them in. Added more salsa on top and sour cream with a baked potato on the side and it was the best meal!"
"You can make it quicker by making mini meatloafs in muffin tins. Cooks really quickly (done in like 30 min)."