- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/2 cup picante sauce, beans, corn, onion, olives, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, cumin and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into two ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Spoon remaining picante sauce over each meat loaf; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 2 meat loaves (6 servings each).
Reviews for Taco Meat Loaves
Sort By :
I've made this several times now. We love the flavor. However, we find it crumbles easily instead of holding together in nice slices. So, I usually will serve this with Mexican rice, tortilla chips, salsa, lettuce, etc. and we eat it as nachos. I love that I have an extra to freeze, as well.
Even my kids liked it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >