Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 272 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Taco Meat Loaf
"This is a favorite supper with my 2 daughters that are picky eaters. We love having all our favorite taco toppings ready to put on top, it's delicious. I have also shared this recipe with coworkers as when it has come to work with me for lunch the smell of it is fantastic. Everyone that I've shared it with LOVES it!!"
"My family really enjoyed this! Said it was their new favorite meatloaf1"
"This has a mild Mexican flavor and tastes good with all the fixings. I like olives, but they overwhelmed the flavor a bit. It just isn't my favorite Mexican style recipe, I'd rather taco meat in a tortilla with all the fixings or homemade quesadillas. Won't be making it again, just personal preference."
"Great flavor! What a nice change of pace from the usual. I'll be making it again; however, I will leave out the mushrooms. I use them often but in this recipe they tasted rubbery. I was pressed for time; so I made it in the microwave covered with waxed paper and it came out very moist. Who would have thought, a Mexican Meat Loaf?"
"This meatloaf wasn't very good. It was kind of bland and cooking for an hour and a half, uncovered, dried it out way too much. I probably will not make this again."
"My husband and I throughly enjoyed this meatloaf. Great, mexican flavor. Whips up easy and cooks nicely. Will definitely be making again."
"Excellent flavor. Will definitely make this again. A nice change from regular ol' meatloaf."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.