Taco Meat Loaf
Our children think there are three basic food groups---pizza, tacos and burgers! They like to doctor up slices of this specially seasoned meat loaf with their favorite taco toppings. - Diane Essinger, Findlay, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Pat into a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until no pink remains and a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese,
- lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.