- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Taco Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This has a mild Mexican flavor and tastes good with all the fixings. I like olives, but they overwhelmed the flavor a bit. It just isn't my favorite Mexican style recipe, I'd rather taco meat in a tortilla with all the fixings or homemade quesadillas. Won't be making it again, just personal preference."
"Great flavor! What a nice change of pace from the usual. I'll be making it again; however, I will leave out the mushrooms. I use them often but in this recipe they tasted rubbery. I was pressed for time; so I made it in the microwave covered with waxed paper and it came out very moist. Who would have thought, a Mexican Meat Loaf?"
"This meatloaf wasn't very good. It was kind of bland and cooking for an hour and a half, uncovered, dried it out way too much. I probably will not make this again."
"My husband and I throughly enjoyed this meatloaf. Great, mexican flavor. Whips up easy and cooks nicely. Will definitely be making again."
"Excellent flavor. Will definitely make this again. A nice change from regular ol' meatloaf."