"Even your kids will enjoy this tasty meat loaf," promises Cathy Streeter of De Kalb Junction, New York. "I like to serve it with shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream," she adds. You'll like that it's just 77 cents a serving.
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking December 2000, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Taco Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review