Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Taco Meat Loaf(4)
Sort By :
Great flavor! What a nice change of pace from the usual. I'll be making it again; however, I will leave out the mushrooms. I use them often but in this recipe they tasted rubbery. I was pressed for time; so I made it in the microwave covered with waxed paper and it came out very moist. Who would have thought, a Mexican Meat Loaf?
This meatloaf wasn't very good. It was kind of bland and cooking for an hour and a half, uncovered, dried it out way too much. I probably will not make this again.
My husband and I throughly enjoyed this meatloaf. Great, mexican flavor. Whips up easy and cooks nicely. Will definitely be making again.
Excellent flavor. Will definitely make this again. A nice change from regular ol' meatloaf.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >