Taco Macaroni Recipe
From Marissa Undercofler of Howard, Pennsylvania, this dish uses three different applications of tomatoes. And it's a hearty way to warm up, and fill up, this winter!
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC