- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, soup, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Macaroni
Sort By :
What a wonderful comfort food! My husband doesn't care for casseroles, made this when he was working out of town....ate the whole thing by myself in three days! I fixed it on Sunday, minus the cheese on top. I put it in a casserole dish, refrigerated it, then I baked it the next night at 350, covered. After about 45 minutes, I took the lid off and topped it with the cheese and baked it for another 15. Tasty!
Agree with others that this is a good recipe to play around with until it fits my tastes. I would probably use a can of the mild Rotel because I don't like things too spicy.I also agree with others about the problems with the magazines. I loved Quick Cooking. I hated Simple and Delicious and never renewed my subscription. I don't know anyone in my family either who gets any of these magazines any more. Now I just look for easy recipes and if I find one, I pin it to Pinterest. Now there is no extra paper laying around my house .
Good recipe to play with and a good recipe to take to potlucks as it makes a huge casserole. To spice it up, I used a verde sauce. Will be making it again and will be adding more to it.
Awesome recipe! I used hot rotel, and tomato sauce, bulk taco seasoning (so I can add to taste). Used boxed Mac n cheese, and added some cheddar, topped with sour cream. Big hit with the family.
Like some of the other reviewers, I thought this needed a bit more Mexican flavor so I added some chili powder and cumin on top of the seasoning mix... Some other good additions would be corn, black olives, scallions/green onions.... Maybe even pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar... It's a good recipe to play with...
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >