- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
"So simple and so delicious. I didn't have green peppers, so I used tomatoes and green chiles. After baking, I added sour cream, lettuce, and taco sauce. The next time I make it, I will probably add more cheese, a little more taco seasoning, and corn. Very good!"
"Why is there always someone that has to comment on sodiumm/ nutritional value? Chances are that if a person is making any of these recipes, they are an adult. I'm pretty sure that everyone is capable of making their own decision as to whether or not they want to eat something. Mind your own business! People look at these reviews to read about what others thought of the recipe when they made it. The nutritional information is posted for everyone to see if that is a concern for them."
"I used a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles and a can of diced tomatoes"
"Very tasty, but it has well over 1/2 of a person's daily requirement of sodium. I would avoid eating this except is VERY small amounts."
"Very Good! Liked by all and very easy to make. Highly recommend."
"People ask for the recipe when I fix this dish. Everyone is surprised that it is so easy to prepare. We all love it!!"
"I made this tonight for dinner and it was AWESOME!!!!! My husband said I had better not lose this recipe, he absolutely loved it. I also added corn and a little extra taco seasoning and more cheese.This will for sure be one of my new "go to" meals."
"Delicious and I like how this recipe can be customized to satisfy your own unique tastes. To the meat mixture I added corn, chopped green olives, and a couple teaspoons of lime juice. Lots of extra cheese on the layers! Top it all off with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, corn chips, avocados. ..to name just a few. To those who commented that the refried beans are too hard to spread: heat the refried beans in the microwave first and the consistency will soften for easier spreading. Make sure you cover the dish before baking so it doesn't dry out or get too crispy. Enjoy"
"This was great! I didn't have green peppers, so I omitted them, but it was still great. Pretty simple to make too."
"I have been making this recipe for several years for my family and potlucks at work. I make it just like it's written except I increase the beef to 1 1/2 or 2 lbs depending on where it's being eaten. Perfect every time. Definitely one of my "go-to" recipes."