Taco Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"Wow! What can I say! I submitted this recipe 12 years ago on a whim and it won me $500.00 and a feature in Quick Cooking. I am so excited to see everyones' reviews and modifications. I am married now and my family loves this recipe too! Crazy to see 86 reviews written! Who knew!"
"This is delicious!!! I did add extra cheese (I love cheese!) I added chopped roma tomatoes, sliced black olives and sour cream to the top when serving. I think I will add chopped green onions the next time. Love this and my husband loved it!! I'm glad to see that it warms up good! Will definitely make again."
"Very good!! I served it with sour cream and that's tops it off to great! I changed the original recipe: ground turkey breast, canned diced tomatoes, canned green chiles, added Mexicorn, used La tortilla Factory tortillas, FF refried beans and 16 ounces (vs12) cheese. I baked @375º for 30 minutes covered, then uncovered and baked for another 30 minutes. The top got nice and crispy. So good and would serve 12."
"This was pretty good but not a favorite as far as "Mexican" lasagnas go. My family likes the other one I make better."
"My mom made this for us and it was delicious, good as leftovers the next day also. She used red beans instead of black beans and she also served it with sour cream. I loved the refried beans in there. This is definitely a keeper!"