- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"Made this last night & got good reviews from the family. Not spicy at all. Think I will add black olives the next time to see how that changes the flavor."
"Great recipe. You can change it up according to what you have--cooked chicken instead of hamburger, etc. Once I used hummus instead of refried beans, as I didn't have any on hand. Hummus was great too. I also put olives in the layers. Corn is good too--anything works."
"Sounds delicious. How many carbs per serving please. Lots of diabetics in my family and we have to court carbs."
"this sound & looks Delish...i am going to try this"