- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
"We loved this--I doubled the ground beef and added some frozen corn."
"I think this would be great with polenta slices instead of the tortillas"
"I made this tonight. I left out the refried beans. Also.the last two top torilas so only needed 4. Didn't need as much cheese as recipe calls for. Only used 2 1/2 cups or less."
"Excellent... love it, and so does everybody else!"
"I froze half a lasagna as one was too large for my hubby and me. took out of freezer defrosted at room temp and warmed in a low oven BUT found the topping noodle very crispy anddry kind of ruined the taste how do I reheat frozen lasagna keeping soft and juicy?"
"I have been making this recipe for years now and have shared with many others. I follow the recipe as is, but use pinto beans instead of black beans. Also at times, I will use Mexican Chihuahua cheese. This is certainly a household favorite in our family !"
"Easy recipe, quick to prepare. My 3 year old loves it! I made the following tweaks: used fresh diced tomatoes instead of canned, added black olives, omitted the onion, & served with a dollop of sour cream on top. This recipe is now requested a couple of times a month in my house! Great alternative to the basic taco."
"So simple and so delicious. I didn't have green peppers, so I used tomatoes and green chiles. After baking, I added sour cream, lettuce, and taco sauce. The next time I make it, I will probably add more cheese, a little more taco seasoning, and corn. Very good!"
"Why is there always someone that has to comment on sodiumm/ nutritional value? Chances are that if a person is making any of these recipes, they are an adult. I'm pretty sure that everyone is capable of making their own decision as to whether or not they want to eat something. Mind your own business! People look at these reviews to read about what others thought of the recipe when they made it. The nutritional information is posted for everyone to see if that is a concern for them."
"I used a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles and a can of diced tomatoes"