Taco Lasagna Recipe
If you like foods with Southwestern flair, this just might become a new favorite. Loaded with cheese, meat and beans, the layered casserole comes together in a snap. There are never any leftovers when I take this dish to potlucks. —Terri Keenan Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC