- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
"This was great! I didn't have green peppers, so I omitted them, but it was still great. Pretty simple to make too."
"I have been making this recipe for several years for my family and potlucks at work. I make it just like it's written except I increase the beef to 1 1/2 or 2 lbs depending on where it's being eaten. Perfect every time. Definitely one of my "go-to" recipes."
"I do not recall ever seeing beans used in tacos or lasagna"
"I've been making this recipe for several years now, and my husband just loves it! We make it as specified in the recipe, and think it is amazing!"
"My family loves it just the way it is."