Taco Joes Recipe
Here's a quick way to spice up ordinary burgers—our family sure enjoys the change of pace.— Marjorie Nolan, Oakland, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Spoon onto buns and top with cheese and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC