Taco Joes Recipe
Here's a quick way to spice up ordinary burgers—our family sure enjoys the change of pace.— Marjorie Nolan, Oakland, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Spoon onto buns and top with cheese and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Taco Joes
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2009
"We thought these were great."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC