Taco Joe Dip
This recipe was given to us by our daughter. My husband and I love it. Because it's made in a slow cooker, it's great for parties or busy days. —Lang Secrest, Sierra Vista, Arizona
28 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Tortilla chips
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield:
- about 7 cups.
Editor's Note: To make Taco Joe Soup, add a 29-ounce can of tomato sauce to the slow cooker. It will serve 6-8.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 49 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now