Taco in a Bowl Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- Corn chips
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; mix well. Add pork and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. To serve, place corn chips in four soup bowls. Top with beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
To make Taco in a Bowl more spicy, use Mexican-style stewed tomatoes and stir in a can of chopped green chills.
Reviews for Taco in a Bowl
"I had a can of pork and beans I needed to use, so I thought I would try this. It was actually really tasty. I topped with lettuce, onions, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream."
"Changed up the tomatoes (used crushed) and the beans (used pinto beans). Worked great."