When our youngest daughter was in Sunday School, the students put together a cookbook as a fund-raiser. Tis was one of the recipes included. It solves the problem of eating messy tacos by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.—Fay Miller, Denham Springs, Louisiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- Corn chips
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; mix well. Add pork and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. To serve, place corn chips in four soup bowls. Top with beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco in a Bowl in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p298
Reviews for Taco in a Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014
"Changed up the tomatoes (used crushed) and the beans (used pinto beans). Worked great."