Taco in a Bowl Recipe
When our youngest daughter was in Sunday School, the students put together a cookbook as a fund-raiser. Tis was one of the recipes included. It solves the problem of eating messy tacos by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.—Fay Miller, Denham Springs, Louisiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- Corn chips
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; mix well. Add pork and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. To serve, place corn chips in four soup bowls. Top with beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco in a Bowl in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p298
Reviews for Taco in a Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014
"Changed up the tomatoes (used crushed) and the beans (used pinto beans). Worked great."