Taco-Flavored Chicken Wings
Deb Keslar of Utica, Nebraska dresses up chicken wings with grill marks and a lively marinade to create a fantastic summertime appetizer that's sure to be a hit. “I like these wings hot, so I often add a little extra hot sauce,” Deb suggests.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, divided
- 4 pounds fresh or frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the taco seasoning, oil,
- vinegar and 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce; add chicken. Seal bag and
- turn to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until
- juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing and remaining hot pepper
- sauce. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer