Taco-Filled Peppers Recipe
With refreshing vegetables and zippy beef and beans, these stuffed peppers stand out from any others. This tasty dish is so easy to make, I serve it often during summer and fall, much to my family's delight. —Nancy McDonald, Burns, Wyoming
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, kidney beans and salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and discard seeds. In a stockpot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 3. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Top each with tomato and cheese. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,364 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC