With refreshing vegetables and zippy beef and beans, these stuffed peppers stand out from any others. This tasty dish is so easy to make, I serve it often during summer and fall, much to my family's delight. —Nancy McDonald, Burns, Wyoming
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, kidney beans and salsa. Bring to
- a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and discard seeds. In a
- stockpot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and
- rinse in cold water.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Place in an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender and filling is
- heated through. Top each with tomato and cheese. Serve with sour
- cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,364 mg sodium,