Taco-Filled Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, kidney beans and salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and discard seeds. In a stockpot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Top each with tomato and cheese. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco-Filled Peppers(19)
Sort By :
Easy to make and delicious. Pleased the family.
This is a great recipe. Just enough kick for me but can be cooled down by topping it off with a little sour cream.
They're great!! I used extra lean ground beef, reduced sodium taco seasoning, homemade salsa, and low fat or fat free sour cream... they're so tasty.. this is a keeper in this house! Thanks!
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. The only thing I did differently was to use some cream colored peppers that we grew in the garden this year instead of the green peppers. Will be sure to make them again!
This was really good! Even the older children tried it! I think I might tweak it by adding some bacon or bacon bits to it next time. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >